What really determines Bitcoin value and price?
Bitcoin Value and price.
The answer to this “what determines Bitcoin value and price?” question is rather simple and it lies in basic economics: scarcity, utility, supply, and demand.
Take an example of the diamond. Diamond is valuable because it is rare (scarcity), hard to find, and limited in supply. Diamond also has some uses from which consumers derive satisfaction from (utility). The same is true for Bitcoin and altcoins. Read how?
Factors influencing Bitcoin value and Price.
- Bitcoin and altcoins are Limited in Supply like Gold Most people still have a difficult time understanding what makes Bitcoin value and price. A good way to look at it is to compare it to gold.
- Just like gold, cryptocurrencies have a limited supply. The total number of Bitcoins cryptocurrency that will ever be produced is set at 21,000,000 coins. “Although it might not sound like much, it’s quite enough.” But Bitcoin currency will not reach infinity so it is scarce in a sense
- The same is true for other top cryptocurrencies
- To date, there are already 15 million Bitcoins, but it’s estimated that it will take more than 50 years before all 21 million coins will be mined out.
- 1. It is useful because it is built on open protocols, meaning, anyone can innovate on top of it and make the system better
- 2. Bitcoin is also a better option for certain purposes, such as seamless digital transfers and use across borders.
- 3. Unlike, fiat money produced by central government banks, there is a cap set on total Bitcoins, limiting how much the currency can be devalued through inflation.
- Unlike fiat currency which can be reversed even months after they were initiated, a Bitcoin transaction can’t be turned around by the sender.
- You don’t need to provide any personal information when paying with Bitcoin. The only information required is the bitcoin wallet address and the amount you’re sending.
Create Bitcoin cryptocurrency wallet address – securely store your coins
- Bitcoin transactions are public, everyone can see them.
- Bitcoin currency due to its transparency can’t be used for illegal purposes, unlike fiat currency.
- It is not even prone to inflation, unlike fiat currency.
- Bitcoin transactions can’t be censored, blocked, and diverted
Ripple coin future prediction 2022-25
The combination of these two elements Bitcoin value and price is explained How does Bitcoin price not the same as Bitcoin value.
Best Bitcoin exchange to buy bitcoin with the credit card
Bitcoin price is determined, based on the market in which it trades by means of “supply and demand”. This is the same way the price of a secondhand vehicle, a bag of sugar in the supermarket, and just about everything else is determined. Hence, like any other fiat currency, bitcoin follows the basic rules of supply and demand.
Take an example of the telephone, when the first telephone came out, it had very little value in that hardly anyone used it yet. However, as more and more people started using it, its usefulness grew exponentially. The same is true for Bitcoin: the more people who start using and understanding it, the more useful it will become to everyone else.
It has generated an ecosystem in which many people are willing to trade and accept it. Today, there are already thousands of merchants around the world accepting Bitcoin and other promising cryptocurrencies especially Ripple as a means of payment, thus proving the demand for it.
Finally, a key benefit of bitcoin is “censorship resistance” its ability to be used for transactions that would normally be censored by other payment networks.
crypto trading tips to earn like a professional crypto trader
Conclusion – what determines Bitcoin value and price
In short: if something is both useful and scarce, it will demand value and a price that determines Bitcoin Value and Price.
8 Best Bitcoin exchange in India to buy Bitcoin and altcoins with INR 2022 (Indian based)
Bitcoin cryptocurrency is both useful and scarce, so does Bitcoin has a value and the price is determined by supply and demand.
So this explains what determines Bitcoin value and price
And remember that the Bitcoin value and price are not synonymous and it can be seen on different Bitcoin exchanges where the price of Bitcoins and other promising cryptocurrencies is not the same.
Get free Bitcoin – 10 best ways to make money with Bitcoin 2022